Monday, July 8, 2013

WEEK 3: Activity #11 Creative Commons

80%, B-, with "Uh -oh" comments.  If I am misreading and misinterpreting the fine print here on the Creative Commons quizzes, how many times have I unintentionally mis-posted pictures or information for students without quoting a source!?  Interestingly, I was wondering what we should be doing on our www.weebly to site pictures... now I know we should, I just am unsure how (the CC talked about three items -- have I EVER seen anyone cite a CC source other than Maureen?).

Now that I took the quiz and wrote that I don't have to have a CC to download a song (that I have paid for from a company), am I tagging myself for future distruction because I misread the question?  AAAAH!  "Big brother" alert: 1984 was not too long ago.  (Do I copyright that use of THAT title now since the author has not been dead under 70 years!!??)

Reading all this was something about which I was curious, but could now easily dissuade me from wanting to work online.  On that note, here is an item that I found on Wiki Creative Commons and edited down to the crime scene tape alone in order to redo/re-edit my Prezi. It seems nebulous on how to appropriately document or how to/if I must upload the new version.  In fact, it makes me MORE nervous now that I am signed online and trying to do everything correctly because I am probably inadvertently tracking myself for some sort of crazy lawsuit later on. (Note second 1984 reference to fractionally-70-years-dead-author Orwell.) At least it seems like the "ed" clause protects most of us (though not enough if the school limists our downloading capabilities for fear of violating it in a big download, eh?)

 Here it goes!



Edited from original by Jim Kuhn [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons 

1 comment:

  1. We do take a sense of security being in Education. It's just good to go to a site that you know is CC licensed work rather than copyrighted work. Typically, people who put their work out as CC, don't care if you use it, just let people know where you got it- their username and a URL tend to suffice. If you're not using images for profit, you should be okay.

    Don't let fear stop you.

    ReplyDelete