Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Web Tools 2.0: Too Cool

The tools from my two classes are crossing over a bit, which is helping to push my skills.  Between planning for classes, cleaning out old paper files, plus using the tools to develop meaningful assessments or introductions or "motivation" during math, learning strategies or English/reading my brain is on overload with all this data.

The favorites so far?  GLOG, ANIMATO, and PREZI (the other class).

All three programs have some serious bugs, but I am nearly positive it is my user error.  Once my two-year old starts napping again and going to daycare peaceably so that I do not have to do work on the odd hours when my husband can control him (that is, when they are both sleeping), I hope to do more. (Though truth be told, just last night my son waved wildly from a seated position during my midnight status check, stating that his father needed to go somewhere else!)

I can see myself using all three, for sure.  I do not like the social media as much as the web tools for projects. I still need to take time to use more Google Apps, though.

1 comment:

  1. I think you will find Google Apps to be your powerhouse once you get more comfortable. It's a "go to" for multiple tools and linked to our student's gmail accounts, making everything very easy for them.

    Animoto, Voicethread, Prezi are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete