Thursday, July 4, 2013

WEEK 2: Activity #6 - Twitter

First lesson, "twit" is not a past-tense verb, but a negative euphanism for a goofy person like me who probably shouldn't be allowed on Twitter.

Lots to learn -- lots to learn.  They have been bugging us to tweet during the sermon at church to keep us interactive or ask the pastor questions, and I just left that to the "youngins" since I'm more a "mid-thirties something" who is already busy multi-tasking between looking and listening to the actual speaker, looking at my apps for the Bible in Spanish and English, filling in the bulletin, writing TODOs or reminders in my calendar, eye-signaling with friends over good verses, and watching the board for my little lamb lost in church daycare.  Multi-tasking with a limitless world of connection and more social interaction online is a WHOOOOOOLE other ballgame.

My church had to be the first group I "followed." We will see if I remember to Tweet without missing my cue for a solo on Worship Team.  While on that "track," Big Brother from the too-connected skimming-for-info-online netweeo started suggesting all sorts of other Christian speakers and I went with it since only my older brother was the only one in a house of 19 that was on Twitter.  I tried to click on everything online, but by the time my Chrome started with 11 windows, it was too hard to toggle back and forth and I went searching some of the links on the Learning 2.0 activity instead.  I appreciate those -- liked the clibrary a lot... otherwise, the English Teacher Web Big Brother recommended should be full of good resources to "follow".

I can see this being used for the scheduled "online chat" edition... esp. for my students who would shy away from the more formal sharings on Google Docs.  140 characters is nice and short.  I once helped a student write a college "tweet" It forces us to think of the power of word choice and tone.  I will LITERALLY have to set a daily timer so that I can familiarize myself and try it. Would I date myself if I started looking up texting dictionaries for support? :)

1 comment:

  1. Find any resources you need to be successful. There's a lot to manage.

    ReplyDelete